Apps & Forms

Please note that in addition to the permit fee there is a $1,000,000 liability insurance waiver requirement that must be on file prior to your event.

Large Assembly Permit

All Burn Permits are done through West Hennepin Public Safety. Visit their page below to access the burn permit process and application. Please contact West Hennepin Public Safety with all questions and to find out the status of your burn permit request. 

West Hennepin Public Safety Burn Permit


Bring this application and a copy of your dog's rabies vaccination information to City Hall to obtain a permit. The lifetime license fee is $20.

 Dog License Application

Complaint Form

Information Request Form

Planning Application

Independence Fee Schedule

Planning Deadlines

Retail Sales of Agricultural Products

Sign Permit Application

Solicitor License Application

The City of Independence does not have city water and only certain areas have city sewer. If you have a question about a particular address please call us at 763-972-0527.
The following companies are available for well testing:

Well Testing

Techtron Engineering Inc.

Anoka, MN

Tri-City / William Lloyd Analytical Lab
Bloomington, MN

Interpoll Laboratories
Circle Pines, MN

Water Laboratories, Inc.
Elk River, MN

Twin City Water Clinic, Inc.
Hopkins, MN

Braun Intertec Corp.
Minneapolis, MN 

Setback information for sewer, water and septic

Septic Designers, Installers etc.