CITY OF INDEPENDENCE
The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the Council Chambers at 1920 County Road 90 on Tuesday January 21, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. to review the following request:
- PUBLIC HEARING: Vincent Velie III (Applicant) requests that the City consider the following action for the property located at 3315 County Road 92 N, Independence, MN (PID No. 09-118-24-34-0004):
- An interim use permit to replace the existing conditional use permit. The new interim use permit would allow a landscape business to operate from the subject property. The interim use permit would add new conditions to the property and the existing conditional use permit would be removed.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Theresa Marple (Applicant/Owner) requests that the City consider the following action for the property located at 7825 County Road 11, Independence, MN (PID No. 09-118-24-22-0003):
- A variance to allow a minor subdivision of property zoned AG-Agriculture that does not meet all applicable requirements. The subdivision proposed would create two approximately 40 acre parcels from the existing 80 acre parcel. The City allows rural view lot subdivisions that have a minimum lot size of 2.5 acres and a maximum lot size of 10 acres.
- PUBLIC HEARING: A proposed text amendment to the City of Independence Ordinances as follows:
Chapter 5, Section 510.05, Definitions and 530 Zoning District Provisions – Considering an amendment to the several definitions relating to permitted land uses in various districts and to consider amendment of permitted, accessory and conditional land uses in each district.
The items highlighted above may have a direct or indirect effect on your property. All persons wishing to be heard with reference to these applications will be given the opportunity at this meeting. Written comments can be directed to City Hall, 1920 County Road 90, Independence, MN 55359. Plans will be available for review at the City Office prior to the meeting (please call ahead to ensure that the plans are on file).
CITY OF INDEPENDENCE By The Planning Commission