The Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the Council Chambers at 1920 County Road 90 on Tuesday August 20, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. to review the following request:
- PUBLIC HEARING: Laura Dwyer (Applicant/Owner) requests that the City consider the following action for the properties located at 5215 and 5175 Sunset La. (PID No. 01-118-24-31-0002 and 01-118-24-42-0028) in Independence, MN:
- A Minor Subdivision to consider a lot line rearrangement for the properties located 5215 and 5175 Sunset Ln. The lot line rearrangement would allow for a portion of the property currently attached to 5175 Sunset Ln. to be combined with 5215 Sunset Ln.
2. PUBLIC HEARING: Sharratt Design & Company (Applicant) and Curt Marks (Owner) request that the City consider the following action for the property identified by (PID No. 28-118-24-14-0006) and located at 7220 Turner in Independence, MN:
- A Conditional Use Permit and Variance to allow an accessory dwelling, an accessory structure larger than 5,000 SF and taller than the principal structure.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Gregory Hamman (Applicant/Owner) requests that the City consider the following action for the property identified by (PID No. 16-118-24-33-0002) and located at 2460 CSAH 92 N in Independence, MN:
- A Variance to allow an accessory structure to exceed the height of the principle structure.
- PUBLIC HEARING: Anita Volkenant (Applicant/Owner) requests that the City consider the following actions for the property located at 5835 Drake Drive, Independence, MN (PID No. 26-118-24-43-0006):
- An amendment to the existing interim use permit previously granted on the property.
- PUBLIC HEARING: A proposed text amendment to the City of Independence Ordinances as follows:
a. Chapter 5, Section 530.01, Subd. 3 Accessory Uses – Considering an amendment to the maximum height of an accessory structure. The City will discuss increasing the permitted height of detached accessory structuresb. Chapter 5, Section 510.05, Definitions and 530 Zoning District Provisions – Considering an amendment to the several definitions relating to permitted land uses in various districts and to consider amendment of permitted, accessory and conditional land uses in each district.
The items highlighted above may have a direct or indirect effect on your property. All persons wishing to be heard with reference to these applications will be given the opportunity at this meeting. Written comments can be directed to City Hall, 1920 County Road 90, Independence, MN 55359. Plans will be available for review at the City Office prior to the meeting (please call ahead to ensure that the plans are on file).